Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SOFTWARE INTEGRATION ENGINEER
DOD Secret Clearance REQUIRED
Join our team of qualified, & diverse individuals. Our employees are goal driven, creative, and envision the needs of our customers to bring innovative ways to meet their challenges. This position will be located in Colorado Springs CO and Gaithersburg MD.
Job Description: Candidate will integrate software components & debug errors in a distributed system. You will be working in a process-oriented software development environment & will have experience across the software lifecycle.
Candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to work closely with system engineers, software developers, and other integration/test engineers in team settings across all levels.
- Analyzing logs and other outputs to isolate problems and formulating software fixes.
- Work closely with developers, engineers and other integrators to solve problems.
- Develop tools to facilitate data analysis and requirement verification
- Experience with object oriented programming, design patterns, C++, Java
- Experience in scripting languages (Perl, Python, bash, ksh, etc)
- Experience with sqlplus and Oracle
- Experience in Unix operating systems preferably Solaris 10/11 and Red Hat
- Experience debugging software and interfaces between programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR
- A minimum of 4 years Test and integration experience
- An active DoD Secret clearance
- US Citizen
- The ability to obtain and maintain program access
- Operational GPS experience
- Understanding of unit testing, including path, line and bound coverage
- Experience in object oriented programming design patterns
- Familiar with SEI CMM/CMMI, IEEE or military standard software engineering practices
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related scientific discipline. Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. An advanced degree is preferred.
Ascent Technologies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Benefits include: 401K, health insurance, dental & vision, paid vacation/holidays/breaks & more. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EoE - Benefits included